With the warm weather upon us, it is important to have a list of fun summer activities for kids to keep everyone busy, entertained and out of our hair.
My wife and I have two school aged children. With my wife working from home, she usually has a full day of a nice quiet house to herself. But all of that changes when school is not in session. She gets a small dose of this during the winter, fall and spring breaks, but there is always quite a bit of adjusting when school lets out for the summer.
She often feels guilty about trying to balance the needs of her career (which is really important) with the needs of our kids (which are really REALLY important). It is a balance that we are still working on perfecting. She used to be a teacher and her experience has taught her that being prepared in imperative when keeping children busy. So, we always have a list of fun activities for the whole family (or just the kids) to do when the weather is nicer outside. By the way, we also have a list of activities for crummy weather as well.
We hope that fun summer activities for kids serve you well and help make the school break as stress-free and fun as possible!
15 Fun Summer Activities for Active Kids
1. Squirt Gun Painting | Fireflies & Mud Pies
2. Build a Fort | Childhood 101
3. Make Friendship Bracelets | Projects with Kids
4. Play Hopscotch | Happiness is Homemade
5. Hula Hoop Games | Playground Parkbench
6. Run a Lemonade Stand | See Vanessa Craft
7. Write Messages with Invisible Ink | Teach Preschool
8. Make DIY Frisbees | Kids Activities
9. Learn About Sharks | Royal Baloo
10. Visit an Aquarium | Sunshine Whispers
11. Learn to Tie Dye | Plain Vanilla Mom
12. Make Snow Cones | 3 Boys and a Dog
13. Make Solar Oven S’mores | Lemon Lime Adventures
14. Feed the Ducks | Mama Smiles
15. Make Fresh Fruit Popsicles | The Best Ideas for Kids