Fried Rice is my wife’s favorite Chinese dish. Now, with our Air Fryer, we can make a much healthier version this classic Asian Dish without all the oil! We made beef fried rice, but you can make pork fried rice, chicken fried rice or vegetable and tofu fried rice!
LOOKING FOR MORE ASIAN INSPIRED AIR FRYER RECIPES? TRY OUT MY:
- AIR FRYER CASHEW CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER ORANGE CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Next time you get that craving for Chinese Takeout, no need to order from the local restaurant and have it delivered or go out and pick it up! Now you can make it all in your own kitchen!
This Fried Rice is so easy to make in your Air Fryer and now you know exactly what is going into it! You can get that classic takeout flavor while only using a fraction of the oil! Tailor make it to your own tastes, add and subtract whatever ingredients you want!
What is an Air Fryer?
A couple months ago, we got an Air Fryer oven. I had been reading about them online and I really wanted to try one out. My wife finally agreed and we bought a Black + Decker 2L Air Fryer. We love it! If you haven’t caught on to the Air Fryer craze, you may be wondering what I am talking about. An Air Fryer is a small electronic kitchen appliance that fries food by simply using hot air. It often uses very little or no oil at all! So now you can have your favorite fried foods without all of the guilt. One of my favorite appetizers are Hot n” Spicy Chicken wings. When I make them in my Air Fryer, they are even better than I could get a restaurant!. An Air Fryer is so easy to use as well. You just preheat it, stick the food in and set the timer. Sometimes you simply need to flip the food halfway through cooking. TO LEARN ALL ABOUT AIR FRYERS, CHECK OUT MY AIR FRYER GUIDE AND LEARN EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Air Fryer Fried Rice
As mentioned above, we put beef into ours, but you can make yours with whatever protein (or no protein!) that you want!
- COLD, COOKED RICE – You WILL need to be thinking a little ahead for this. It’s best to have rice that has been sitting in your refrigerator for at least 4 hours for this recipe. This is a great recipe to use leftover rice!
- COOKED BEEF – We used Sirloin Tips.
- SESAME OIL – Just one Tablespoon of Sesame Oil. It gives it that authentic flavor!
- GARLIC POWDER – We use this to season our beef.
- SALT AND PEPPER – To taste to season the beef as well.
- VEGETABLE OIL – This is what crisps the rice up for that classic fried rice texture.
- FROZEN VEGETABLES – We love using frozen peas and carrots. But you can use whatever vegetables you’d like: Broccoli, water chestnuts, mini corn on the cobs, ect.
- DICED ONION – This is our only vegetable that is not frozen when we put it in.
- EGG – We just use one 1 egg. But you can double it if you want to. Make sure you scramble the egg before you put it in.
Beef Fried Rice Instructions
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until it is about 3/4 the way done.
- In a small bowl, mix the rice, peas, carrots, onion and vegetable oil.
- One the beef is 3/4 cooked, mix the beef into the bowl.
- Pour mixture into pan of the Air Fryer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes
- Put the egg on top of the mixture and continue cooking until egg is fully cooked.
What Kind Of Rice Can You Use For Fried Rice?
You can pretty much use any type of rice that you’d like. Common rice varieties that are used for this recipe include: Basmati, Jasmine or Long Grain Rice.
Storage, Freezing and Reheating
You can keep your leftover Air Fryer Fried Rice in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It should last 1-3 days. You can reheat your fried rice in a skillet or a wok, in your microwave or in your Air Fryer.
If you reheat it in a skillet or a wok, you may want to add a little oil. If you reheat in the microwave, add a couple tablespoons of water so it doesn’t dry out.
Notes, Tips and Suggestions
- STIR OCCASIONALLY – When cooking in the Air Fryer, it’s best to stir the rice occasionally.
- GLUTEN FREE – Generally speaking, this is a gluten free meal. Just make sure that the Soy Sauce you are using is gluten free. You can also use Coconut Aminos as a substitute for Soy Sauce.
- CAN YOU USE FRESH VEGETABLES? – The diced onion is ok to put in the Air Fryer raw because it will cook quickly. If you want to use larger fresh vegetables, you may need to extend the cooking time. Or you could par cook them before adding them to your Air Fryer.
- AIR FRYER LINERS – You may have an Air Fryer Basket that has slots big enough that the rice may fall through. You can buy Air Fryer Parchment Paper that can help with this. Or, you could make your own out of parchment paper that you already have by cutting it out in the shape of your basket!
My wife and I were very pleased with how this came out. The rice had a great flavor to it and it was just as good (if not better!) than we get at our favorite Chinese Restaurant! We will definitely be making this again! Enjoy!
Beef Fried Rice-Air Fryer Recipe
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 cup of cooked beef I used sirloin tips
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- diced onion
- 1 egg
Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees
Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Cook in a skillet over medium heat.
Cook until it is about 3/4 the way done.
In a small bowl, mix the rice, peas, carrots, onion and vegetable oil.
Once the beef is 3/4 cooked, mix the beef into the bowl.
Pour mixture into pan of the Air Fryer.
Cook for about 10 minutes
Put the egg on top of the mixture and continue cooking until egg is fully cooked.