A whole new way to make America’s favorite meal is here with Air Fryer Pizza! Get crispy, golden crusts in a healthy, fast cooking method by making pizza in your Air Fryer! These personal pan pizzas are a great alternative to frozen pizzas and are a perfect family dinner on busy weeknights!
What Is An Air Fryer?
If you haven’t already gotten on the Air Fryer train, what are you waiting for?!?! An Air Fryer is a small electric kitchen appliance that cooks food with the use of rapidly circulating hot air. Using usually just a small amount of oil (or no oil at all) you can get results similar to what you’d get if you traditionally “deep fried” your dish: A crispy, golden crust and a soft, tender inside.
Generally, it can take foods that aren’t so great for you and make them healthier without sacrificing any flavor. Some things that are great in an Air Fryer are traditional fried foods such as Chicken Wings, Fried Mushrooms or Fried Pickles.
Today, we are going to do something a little different. We are gonna make Air Fryer Pizza!
Air Fryer Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? In the past, if you wanted some pizza, your options would be to order it from a local pizza joint or bake one in your oven in your own kitchen. You could even make your own (time consuming) or throw a frozen pizza in the oven (mehhh…..). Now you have another option that provides delicious results in just a couple minutes! Air Fryer Pizza to the rescue!
Notes, Tips and Variations
- The first time these were made, the pepperoni sort of exploded all over the place. You can fix this by putting the pepperoni under the cheese. So I’d layer the toppings: pizza sauce, pepperoni and then cheese.
- It may help to assemble to pizza in the Air Fryer Basket, rather than trying to put an assembled, unbaked pizza in the basket.
- In most Air Fryers, you will only be able to make one pizza at a time. So this is a great recipe for one or two people, but probably not for a whole family unless you have an army of Air Fryers that you can use at the same time!
- Yes, we were boring with Pepperoni. But feel free to use whatever ingredients you’d like!
I hope you enjoy this Air Fryer Pizza Recipe! Please let me know how it turns out in the comments section. Thanks for reading!
Air Fryer Pizza
- 7 " premade pizza crusts
- olive oil
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite pizza toppings
Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes on 320 degrees F.
Brush top of each pizza crust with olive oil. Place the crust into the air fryer (without toppings) and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove from air fryer and top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings.
Return to the air fryer and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from fryer and serve immediately.